This is the first time I’m following a diet plan and documenting about it. The name is General Motors Diet or simply GM Diet. (Try googling it and you’ll see a lot of sites talking about it, recommendations, reviews, tips and all.) Basically, it’s a 7-day diet plan originally designed for General Motors Corporation employees to stay in shape and has become quite popular over the years. I would find out later, though, that the GM claim isn’t true. It’s actually more of a modified version of the cabbage soup diet. But I digress.
I first found out about the GM Diet from a blog I visited yesterday. Now, what has made me decide to take on this diet challenge? I have several strong reasons:
1. The food required are all healthy and readily available.
2. The diet plan claims to achieve a weight loss ranging from 10 to 17 lbs, if complemented with exercise.
3. It’s also a sort of “detoxifying” diet.
4. I’ve decided to take my weight loss goal more seriously.
5. This is my first try to follow a diet plan. If it ends up a failure, I’ll just charge it to experience. Haha.
Continue reading “GM Diet, Day 1”