It’s been a while, friends. So many things are happening in my personal life all at the same time. Busy would be an understatement. But it’s still all good in the ‘hood, as they say. Always thankful, always grateful to the one above who gives me life every day and to the people who make living this life meaningful and worthwhile.
So, what makes me busy these days? Work and motherhood, mostly. Oh, and how time really flies! Our baby NJ is now a preschooler! (Guess I need to practice omitting the “baby” after her name now.) She joined a summer camp last month and started attending summer class last Monday. Here’s one great thing we discovered: she loves going to school! So far, we’ve never had a hard time waking her up to prepare her for school. She even hates the thought of arriving late and making her teachers and classmates wait (oh, it rhymes!). Haha.
Below are some of the highlights of the first half of 2023 for us:
1. We celebrated NJ’s third birthday in February. No big party, though, because budget was limited. We just bought her a cake and had a buffet dinner with family at The Alley by Vikings, Ayala Malls Manila Bay branch. My sister’s American-Mexican boyfriend was in Manila that time so we invited him, too!
2. For our 11th wedding anniversary in March, the hubby and I took the entire family to Boracay. It was NJ’s first time to visit the popular tourist destination (same with my parents and parents-in-law) and boy, did they have so much fun!
3. We took NJ to Enchanted Kingdom one March weekend. That was her first time to go to a theme park and as expected, she had loads of fun there.
4. We had a short vacation in Bohol in May. We also tagged my parents and one of my sisters along. We all stayed at my in-laws’ place there. It’s NJ’s second time in Bohol and this time around, we took her on a semi-round Bohol tour that she truly enjoyed.
5. I had my office team building in May, too. We are now a big family at work and most of the new ones are young blood. Which made me realize I needed to up my game if I wanted to stay relevant. Haha.
6. NJ joined a summer camp in June. She was very excited about this. She said she enjoyed it a lot and was ready to go to preschool. Wow, ha!
7. NJ is currently attending a summer class. After this, she’ll be nursery already. Exciting times ahead!
I can’t believe I’m now a mom of a preschooler. I’m actually feeling quite overwhelmed. As early as now, I’m having anxiety already as to what baon I should prepare for her and how I would fare when it comes to helping her in the assignments and exams. So scary! Haha.
Have a lovely Friday to all! 🙂
May you choose happiness always,