My three siblings and I spent the long weekend with my parents in our Cavite home. It was one of the best weekends I’ve ever had. On Saturday evening, we chatted the night away while lying in bed. We took a trip down memory lane. Our room got filled with laughter and loud voices. Before we knew it, it was already 4:00 a.m. But I digress. What I really want to share are the health benefits of lemon grass or tanglad.
Aside from the distinct flavor it gives to Asian dishes, tanglad has many health benefits that only a few people know or cared to know. I only read about them online, and so when my mom complained of hip and back pains last weekend (which seemed to be a case of UTI to me), I did not hesitate to advise her to drink some fresh lemon grass tea. The next morning, the pains stopped.
Here are some of the many health benefits of lemon grass or tanglad I gathered online:
• helps to detoxify the liver, pancreas, kidney, bladder and the digestive tract
• cuts down uric acid, cholesterol, excess fats and other toxins in the body while stimulating digestion, blood circulation, and lactation
• alleviates indigestion and gastroenteritis
• helps improve the skin by reducing acne and pimples
• acts as a muscle and tissue toner
• reduces blood pressure
• can be used as a remedy for ague, fevers, and colds
• every 100g of edible tanglad when boiled can contain up to 24.205 micrograms of beta-carotene the anti-oxidant that scientists believe can help prevent cancer
• helps boost the immune system
• helps in menstrual troubles
• helps reduce cellulite
• acts as sedative for the central nervous system
• relieves arthritic pain and rheumatism
Overwhelming, right? That’s why I plan to make lemon grass tea a part of my diet from this day onwards. How about you?
3 Replies to “Health Benefits of Lemon Grass or Tanglad”
npakadami mo tlaga ang health benifits ng tanglad………. sa amin po dto sa nueva ecija lalo na po sa lugar ng parents ko mdami po sila tnin na lemon grass or tanglad, bka po pwede nyo sila mtulungan sa pagbenta ng mga ito………. thnks…..
i have heard about tanglad but i did not mind 8…this time im interested….thnx sa message….
im almost 52 yrs old . naranasan kong hndi mganda ang pkrmdam ko sa tyan ko. na parang mabigat at hndi ako makadumi ng regular. snbi ng mrs ko na ung mga ka office mate nya nagsubok na uminom ng pinakuluang lemongrass dahil ung iba ay mataas ang bp. after a week of drinking as water substitute na normal na bp nla. sinubokan ko din. wala namang mawawala. i was surprised sa resulta naging regular na pagdumi ko at gumaan ang tiyan ko. cant believe it? try nyo lng. gawin nyo syang substitute sa 2big na ininom nyo normally. wag ng uminom ng 2big.