The hubby is a big pancake fan, and so are my mom and my FIL. I like pancakes, too, but not so much. If before, I would stock boxes of pancake mixes in our pantry to satisfy the hubby’s pancake cravings during weekends, now I just make pancakes from scratch.
I never thought making homemade pancakes was easy! It only requires a few ingredients and having a supply of them in your pantry means pancakes galore whenever you like. The hubby likes his pancakes with lotsa butter and maple syrup. I’m not a superwoman to produce homemade maple syrup so I just buy Clara Ole’s for less than P100 a bottle.
If you want to make your own pancakes from scratch, here’s the super easy-to-follow recipe I use as adapted from AllRecipes.com:
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in milk, egg and oil. Mix using a whisk (no need for electric mixer!) until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
This particular recipe is good for three to four people with average appetite. I like this recipe a lot because the pancakes I make out of this are always nice and fluffy and not too sweet, just the way good pancakes should be. 🙂