Do you follow a certain routine? I do. And I just realized having one has helped me become more productive and organized over the years. But it doesn’t mean I don’t get lazy sometimes because I do. More often than not, though, I get to do my tasks and finished most of them even ahead of time. I used to do a lot of cramming during my college days but I’m a changed woman now. Or so I believe. Haha.
I have a certain routine that I follow during weekdays, which involves many tasks from my current job. I also have a different routine on weekends when I’m a wife more than anything else. Anyway, below are what I think are the benefits of keeping a routine:
1. It keeps you focus. I sometimes think I have ADHD as I think of many things all at the same time. I easily get inspired and when my mind becomes filled with ideas, I tend to slow down to absorb everything which gets in the way of my work (weekday routine). Having a daily routine is a great reminder that I have things to do and do them I shall!
2. It helps clear the mind. When I have problems, I admit my mind goes to deep-thinking mode. Having a routine helps clear my mind which enables me to focus more on what needs to be done.
3. It gives you a sense of responsibility. When you have assigned yourself tasks, it makes you feel responsible for them. This sense of responsibility is what enables you to do them right away.
4. It gives you a sense of fulfillment. This is self-explanatory. When you have a routine and everything in it has been followed and done, you feel a sense of fulfillment that can easily make your day.
5. It makes every day filled with things to look forward to. Having a daily routine doesn’t mean you get to do the same things or simply get into a boring cycle. The good thing about having a routine is you can always add tasks to or subtract tasks from it. Having said that, you are in control and you are always in for a surprise!
6. It makes you more organized. By doing things over and over again, soon enough you get to establish a system where you get to do things more efficiently. This makes you more organized not just with your time but with other resources as well.
7. It makes you more productive. Productivity is present whenever output is made. My daily routine allows me to be as much productive as I can be.
8. It makes you feel needed. When you assign yourself a certain task that benefits not only yourself but other people as well, it makes you feel needed and more so, appreciated.
9. It makes you feel human. Having things to do every day exposes us to the realities of life (success versus failure) and allows us to feel a variety of emotions. At the end of the day, always choose to move forward and be happy!
10. It gives out positive vibes. When you get to accomplish tasks which are part of your daily routine, it makes you feel good. Your attitude changes for the better and you take this with you wherever you go. It shows in your aura and this positive energy is what other people will see and appreciate in you.
Care to share your thoughts on this, guys? I’d love to hear them! 🙂