It’s a brand new year. How are you doing, friends? I hope you are having a wonderful start. What are your plans? Personally, I don’t have much. But I have a few things that I’d like to “impose” on myself:
1. To have few but better things. 2014 taught me so much about quality over quantity. It doesn’t just apply to things but to people (read: relationships) as well. I thought this would help me appreciate more what I have and promote minimalism in my life, too.
2. To use the stuff I accumulated over the years. I have this tendency to buy things and just store them somewhere. I usually forget about them after. That needs to STOP! I should use the nice things I have and refrain from reserving them for special occasions. I should also stop buying things for just-in-case situations, like this poly stripe fitted tablecloth that I inherited from an aunt. Just like what I read from a minimalism-themed blog before, those just-in-case situations don’t happen at all and if they do, we can always procure the things we need ahead of time.
3. To be more compassionate towards other people. I admit I can be selfish sometimes. I only think of myself and my loved ones. I better learn to show more compassion to other people especially the less fortunate.
4. To be more loving and generous to myself. I can be very loving and generous to my family and friends. This 2015, I want to focus more on loving myself and being generous to myself. By doing so, I could have more love to give and more generosity to show to others, right? Right!
5. To be smarter with my choices in life, money and investments included. 2014 was the year I became in total control of my money. I’m glad I’ve been gradually influencing the hubby to save more and invest more. We are actually in the process of completing our joint emergency fund. Our car payments will have been completed in February 2016 also and after that, we’ll have additional funds to use for wealth building.
How about you, are there things you wanna do or change this year for yourself? Whatever they are, I wish for our success in changing our lives for the better! God be with us! 🙂
19 Replies to “Hello, 2015!”
Aww, lovely post, Edel! I truly agree with everything, but I think we share the same views talaga on number 1. Cheers to having fewer but better things (and especially friends) this year!
Thanks, Maan! Apir tayo! 🙂
Happy new year Edel!! Cheers!
Thank you, Jill! Have a blessed 2015 to you and your little family! 🙂
Let’s do this together. This is the year when I will lessen my unnecessary purchases and lead a more ascetic life.
Diane, in case you read this, huwag mo nang kontrahin ha? 🙂
Sure, TPS! Diane, please support us. Hahaha. 🙂
bwahahahahaha special mention ako sori na
naguilty ako tuloy
Diane, baka kasi kako ibuking mo ang recent purchase natin. There you go, ako pala ang unang aamin. Hahahaha!
Goodluck Edel, I hope we will have this all accomplished by the end of the year!! happy New Year to you and your family! Cheers! =)
Thank you, Jen! Yes, think positive lang! 🙂
Hope ma accomplish mo din yung nasa list mo, Edel. I’m sure kaya mo yan like what you did last year. You inspire me, as always sa mga goals mo. =)
Naku, salamat Joy! Kakayanin para sa mas maayos at masayang buhay. Hehe. 🙂
That’s a very nice list, Edel! I know you can do it.
Thank you, sis! We all can do it! 🙂
Happy New Year, Edel! Good luck on your list! Wishing you a great and prosperous year ahead! 🙂
Thank you, Kriska! 🙂
Beautiful goals! Ako din. I want to be more compassionate towards other people. I was showered with so much love during the time I was pregnat and when I gave birth. I want to show the same love to others too. =)
Salamat, Viviene! Sana lahat ng tao yan ang i-goal, ang maging compassionate to others. Pag nagkataon, magiging mas payapa at masaya ang mundo. 🙂