We had another house guest last long weekend. It’s none other than my one and only brother Danison. I love it when I get to enjoy some quality time with my family. So I really made sure my brother and I would have a great time together. And we did! But of course, I had to make sure also the hubby was well-taken care of. All in all, I had two boys to take care of and I think I did just fine.
On our way home in Bacoor on Saturday afternoon (after Edwin’s classes have finished), we went to the Shrine of Jesus, The Way, The Truth and The Life located at Mall of Asia complex for the 5:30p.m. anticipated mass. It was my first time there and I liked how spacious and solemn the place was.
Continue reading “Weekend Story: Anticipated Mass, North Park, Starbucks Card and Lotsa Sleep”
The weekend has passed very swiftly. It’s Monday once again and most of us are back to work. Oh, how little time we all have. Our weekend was pretty normal except that we had my parents in the house. Together, we visited our Naic home on Saturday to clean up. It was a big mess because it had been idle for four long months. Sunday was relaxed, we just went to church to hear mass and then stayed home the whole day.
Last weekend was all about calm and relaxed living. It’s amazing how I got to find happiness in little things. Like when I cooked Kung Pao pasta and my mom liked it a lot. (I initially thought she hated spicy food.) Like when I finally found my missing shoes. Like when I peacefully slept for hours in our bedroom in the afternoon, with the air-con on and with my husband beside me. Like when I re-arranged my accessories and realized that a lot of them I haven’t even worn yet.
Continue reading “Too Little Time”
I’m not really a prayerful or religious person but I say a prayer whenever and wherever I want. That’s how I communicate and build a relationship with my God. Not for anything, but I just feel like sharing the top three things I pray for daily. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Safety and Protection. Danger is everywhere. You can never tell when you’ll get into trouble or worse, your life or those of the people you love endangered. I always pray for safety and protection for myself, my husband and our families wherever we are and whatever we do.
Continue reading “Top Three Things I Pray For Everyday”
Have you ever experienced being at a certain place, like your workplace, for instance, and suddenly you feel the urge to do a lot of things which can only be done in other places away from your present position? That’s what I’m feeling right now. I wanna do (and that’s with a very excited and positive attitude!) the following things right at this moment:
1. Go to the bank and deposit some money to my savings account. The last time I did this was May 2011, exactly five months ago. I know I’ve been very generous lately that it seems I have forgotten to care about my savings.
2. Change my foreign currencies (from my recent trip abroad) to local ones. I tried to do this last Sunday but I was not able to because I was hoping the forex rates would still rise in my favor in the coming days. Not so possible, I know.
Continue reading “Preoccupied”
Last week was quite busy. I’d like to think I did a lot of work (both in the office and at the restaurant) and enjoyed every minute of it. It was only during the weekend that I got to relax. Life is still good.
Here are 10 random things that made me grateful last week:
1. A job interview
2. The fiancee’s mom’s 63rd birthday
3. New accessories
4. Home-serviced massage for mom
5. Done with a monthly task at work
6. Watched two more episodes of QSD (32 episodes left, haha)
7. Inspection and turn-over of keys for the fiancee’s house
8. Finished my third IPL session
9. Slept for eight long hours on Saturday night
10. Malling on Sunday with family
Continue reading “#003: 10 Things to Be Thankful for Last Week”